Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Let us be Happy and GAY!

This blog isn't written out professionally, it doesn't have a works cited page or anything like that. This is simply the way I personally feel about Gay/Lesbian marriage.
First off, let me just say, I'm not gay by any means. But I do feel very strongly that people are too critical and rude when it comes to gay marriage.

This is such a huge issue to so many people, and I've never understood why! I don't see how just because something is maybe 'different' to what we're used to, is wrong. I am a woman, and I am attracted to men...I don't force myself to be that way, it just comes naturally. Just as my gay friends that are male, and happen to be attracted to the same sex. They don't try to feel like that, it just comes naturally to them too!
So why is gay/lesbian marriage so wrong in some people's minds? I dated a guy once, we were really happy, we were together for about 4 months and then I found out he was engaged! He was in the Army and he went off to Iraq and after he had been out a month, that's when I found out he was engaged on his myspace profile...lame huh? Long story short, I dumped him, he came back from Iraq and married his fiance, who was stupid enough to stay with him, knowing what he had done. So my problem with this is: Why can an ass like him, have a wonderful, legal marriage, but my gay friends, who are great guys, some of the sweetest most honest people I know...can't get married to the ones that they love and be happily married? Love is Love, and it shouldn't matter if it's 2 girls, 2 guys, or a girl and a guy. Love isn't defined by gender!
There are hate crimes happening all the time just because of the fact that someone is gay! And it's wrong! Being gay doesn't make any one person bad or wrong, it doesn't have anything to do with who they are as a human being. It's just different from the norm. Big deal!
Anyway, that's the way I feel...just needed to vent =D



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *in a crazy alto 2 black woman voice* MMM MMMMM OH NO YOU DIDN'T! You wanna go there? We obviously need to talk, because you are MISINFORMED! :D I still love you though! :D

    ReplyDelete